Why become a member?
DOCRRA is the only legally constituted and recognised association on the Dolphin Coast representing ratepaying households, whether owned or rented. Our members strengthen our representation, guide the DOCRRA committee, and enhance our influence. We encourage all residents and ratepayers to be members of the association. We offer affiliated membership to groups such as Estates and Apartments and other citizenship organisations.
Why pay a membership fee?
Although the executive committee is made up of unpaid volunteers, there are some expenses that need to be taken care of. Amongst others, these include the following:
- Due to the growth in relevance, expanding range of issues to address and the necessity of speed of access and response, the DOCRRA committee uses the services of a virtual and part time Executive Officer service to assist with management, communication and administration;
- We have operational, communication and website expenses;
- Membership fees are modest and used for the above. For special projects, and in cases where legal action is required, DOCRRA implements dedicated fund-raising initiatives for those specific issues. In so doing, costs are focused, transparent and project driven. DOCRRA is in the process of applying for Not for Profit Organisation (NPO) status in order to expand its activities in social investment projects.
By becoming a member of DOCRRA, you will:
- To be part of an effective – and growing – representative group that is able to negotiate with Local and Provincial Government from a position of strength and influence;
- Help ensure that DOCRRA achieves its goals by supporting our residential and ratepayer community. We seek to protect and grow property values within our Dolphin Coast area;
- To receive information through our range of communication platforms on issues of interest or concern on the Dolphin Coast;
- To have a vote at the AGM and play an active role in the affairs of DOCRRA.
The Annual Membership Fee is R200 (Two hundred Rand) per household per annum based on our financial Year starting first of March through to the end of February the next year.
1) Pay with Zapper
Your information will be requested when making your payment via Zapper.
WHEN MAKING PAYMENT, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS AS WELL IN ORDER THAT WE ARE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.
This information is for the express and sole purpose of DOCRRA in enabling communication with the Member and shall be treated as confidential.
2) Banking details for EFT/ Direct Deposit
Account Name: DOCRRA
Branch Code: 131026
Account Number: 1107889642
Reference: Member full name